Each week I do my best to distill all of the marketing articles I have read into a concise list of recommended reading for you. Here is this week’s list of recommended marketing articles:
“The recession has accelerated systemic changes in the media landscape: Audiences are fragmenting, taking more control, and seeking inexpensive or free alternatives. Combined, print and television will lose almost $17 billion in US ad spending in 2008 and 2009. Newspapers down (-29%) and Broadcast TV also down (-23%)” says Forrester Research.
While it may seem to be a buyers’ market, this media meltdown risks being highly disruptive to campaigns and partnerships.
Search engine marketing is going through a revolution. Wil Reynolds of Seer Interactive says there are more changes going on than he has seen in 13 years. There’s a massive shift that will benefit small to mid-sized business.
1. Make my website my largest marketing investment in 2011. It’s easily the area that most contractors spend the least time and resources on.
2. Treat my website like it was my storefront. First impressions count.
- Weekend Reading – Marketing Articles
- Weekend Reading- Marketing Articles for April 1, 2011
- Weekend Reading-Marketing Articles for March 25, 2011